Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Halloween Costumes

It's that time of year again... the time to figure out and plan a Halloween costume.

I am so glad I'm at the age where dressing up is "cool" again. By that I mean, there was a period of time somewhere I think late middle school-early high school where it was no longer cool  to dress up, and theme parties were lame. I actually always thought it was awesome and went trick-or-treating until I was far too old to be doing so because I loved dressing up so much. But I needed to fit in with my friends, because otherwise I would die of embarrassment, or so my teenage brain lead me to believe, so I refrained...and even if I did, I toned it down. One year I even just wore my sister's cheer leading uniform, for the school I was currently attending. Now that is lame.
Then I hit college and thank goodness, Theme parties were back! Some of my best memories from college were from theme parties or Halloween parties. I'm all about them, and very much over the whole 'too cool for fun' thing. 
The trouble I have is the tug-of-war between looking adorable/pretty or being hilarious. I usually try and find a common ground. I'm a female in my late 20's, I figure I've only got so many years left that it is appropriate to be revealing, even at Halloween but then again, I'm not about to show up in a striped bra and proclaim "I'm a referee!"
I'd like my costume to be creative. I'd like it to be fun, perhaps a little funny too but somehow tie in looking beautiful or dare I say, sexy. I've got some ideas in the works. The most promising one is a Christmas theme, so of course I'm all about that. Any excuse to involve Christmas and I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment