Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 14: I still hate running.

I'm 2/3 of the way done with my first running regimen. I guess when you're still panting/sweating and feel like you can't breath, it's hard to feel like you're actually making progress. I just have to remember that this is a process. A LONG, grueling process. The running still feels hard, because I'm increasing the runs each time. I first started out doing 1/1 x 10 ratio of run/walk and today I did a 3/1 x5 and tomorrow will be a 4/1 x4.
I have to remember to relish in the small victories. The fact that I was able to run for 3 minutes at a time, 5 times IS an improvement for me.
It is so easy to get discouraged with stuff like this. I don't have the patience for things. I want to just be good at something, or give up on it. I hate the slow, dragging pace of progress because it often feels like you aren't going anywhere.

I still don't have a research group, I have midterms coming up and I can't seem to study. I need a burst of motivation to hit me with a quickness.

"Just keep running." Ok, so that's not exactly what Dory said in Finding Nemo...but it's what she meant ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment