Saturday, May 28, 2011

Singin in the Rain

Tonight I discovered what apparently many, many people already knew about:
The Stanford Theatre 





















 The Stanford Theatre is located in Palo Alto, CA. It first opened in 1925. I've lived here in the bay area just outside of Palo Alto and this is the first I've ever heard of it.
I think this is such a good concept. They play all sorts of older movies, have different movies playing different weeks and I've heard they do a showing of It's a Wonderful Life around Christmas time, so I will definitely have to remember that come December.
The lobby as well as an entire room is devoted to old movie posters and news paper articles about the movies/actors. It really is such an amazing atmosphere.


There is a man playing an organ on the stage before and after the movie. The theater is beautiful, they even have the red velvet chairs and curtain. I loved the feel of the place.
Movies: $7 for adults, I treated myself to a large popcorn and large soda for a grand total of $4.50!! And the staff there was exceptionally friendly.
Tonight's showing:
Singin in the Rain

 Such a wonderful movie. Embarrassingly enough to admit, I'd never even seen it, not in its entirety anyway. That Gene Kelly, he sure was something. 
but of course, I found myself drawn to the silly side kick. Donald O'Connor sure was an adorable little thing.

I will most definitely be keeping an eye out for more movies playing at the Stanford Theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment