Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Vegas. I'm so money, baby.

Grad school comes with, what feels like, constant rejection. I wonder if I'll ever get used to that feeling. It's so hard not to take it personally and not feel like I am being rejected, and that it is simply I am not the right fit or that there are other candidates more suited for the position.
It's really easy to just feel like I can hack it. Like I'm not smart enough/good enough/competent enough.
More rejection was dumped on me today. I even wore pink, which just makes it more humiliating. 

On a completely unrelated note.
Booked a flight today to VEGAS!

Some of us from my program are going after we finish our comp. exams in June. Short trip, just a couple days since, assuming all goes well, we'll start the clinic the following Monday.
I haven't been to Vegas in years. I'm so stoked. I really can't afford it by any means, since this last loan check is supposed to last me until September. It's only May and I'm already strapped.
I need this vacation though. I deserve it. I justified purchasing the tickets as a birthday present for myself, since that ugly thing is looming near and I'm dreading it so badly.
I am in love with slot machines. I play the nickle ones, because I don't actually want to lose big, but secretly hope I can score a little cash. Last time I was in Vegas I won about $330 on the nickle slots and only put in about a total of $20...so we'll see how I do this time.
So excited for this little adventure with some new friends. Incentive to get all this stuff done for the quarter and comps in the next month.
I'll have to leave the money worries for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment