Monday, May 16, 2011

Survive midterms: Get a much needed trip home!

Midterms. Midterms. Midterms. Aaaahhhhhh!!!
That is about all that is going on in my brain right now. It is the second round of midterms, which really, is deceiving since the 1st midterms occur during the 3rd week of school (clearly not the mid point in a 11 week term) and then again in the 7th week (Also, not the mid point). I suppose it breaks it up for us since the other classes have midterms during the 4th and 5th week of the term, but really, why not just call it what it is? Another exam.
2 midterms this week. Statistics and Psychopharmacology. Neither subject is a personal strength of mine, therefore this week=a LOT of stress. I feel a batch or two of cookies coming on in the very near future.
The UP side (Eureka! I actually have an upside!) I am going out of town on Thursday, right after my psychopharm exam to my place of origin (The beautiful pacific northwest) for a wedding and some family/boyfriend/friends time. It will only be for a few days but it will be a much needed mini vacation from all of this.
After these midterms, there are more papers, more quizzes, more exams and the comps.
Oh and that dreaded thing that has to happen once a year to even the best of us, my very own lovely birthday. Which will undoubtedly be spent studying :/ I don't need any reminder of turning 27 though, so I might actually prefer a skimmed over version of a birthday this year. I bet 28 won't bother me nearly as much as 27 is. We'll see in a year form now, but I definitely think 27 just sucks more than some of the others. Although, 28 will be followed up a few short months later by my 10 year high school reunion, so actually, 28 might not be that great either. I am well aware, that when I'm approaching 40 and 47 I'll look back to the days where I was dreading 27 so much and think to myself "Boy, you were a real big idiot..." but that still doesn't change how I'm feeling in this moment, as my soon to never again be 26 year old self.
Midterms. Midterms. Midterms. Birthdays.... ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment