Monday, May 30, 2011

Good News sure is great.

Yesterday (the dreaded birthday) was just that, dreadful. I'd rather not even discuss it.

Today, however, has been a million times better.

I've got a few things I consider very good news:
  • Found out that I may actually have a shot at passing Stats! I am meeting with my professor tomorrow to go over some things and figure out the numbers in terms of what I need to get to pass.
  • I interviewed with a local coffee shop in town today and I GOT THE JOB!!! I start training on Friday. I am so stoked. This place seems really similar to my old work in WA, Greyhawk Coffee that I was absolutely in love with and wish I could still be working there (if it weren't for this whole living 700 miles away thing.
So... if I can actually pull off passing Stats and don't have to retake it and can take the comps as planned I will be one happy girl.
Also, assuming this place and I click alright and I do an ok job and they decide to keep me on.. I will have a part time job and be able to make a little money and have tips! Oh how I miss having a job with tips! I'm nervous to start working somewhere new and my coffee skills are a bit rusty but I am so excited to be able to work coffee again.
Living off of student loans is just not cutting it so I am really hoping this extra little income will help to alleviate some of that financial stress. 
And hopefully, having less time to waste, will allow that motivation to complete assignments and study in a timely manner.
Here is to hoping!
I love the feeling of new possibilities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment