Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's Peanut Butter time

I go through cravings for different foods. These cravings are intense and refused to be satisfied with anything short of exactly what it is I am jonesin for. I am frightened for the time when I become pregnant because, if my cravings are as invasive and demanding now, I can only imagine what an influx of hormones will do to them.
These cravings can last anywhere from a week to a month at a time. I've learned to just give into them, allow myself whatever it is that I'm yearning for and eventually, I get tired of it and my body turns to a new obsession. Sometimes these cravings are for junk food, sometimes fruits or vegetables, etc.
These cravings can be anything as extensive as specific type of pizza or pasta, to simpler things like potatoes or pickles. The most recent culprit:

Peanut Butter.




















On an odd note, I just realized as I typed up some of my more recent cravings.. they're all foods beginning with the letter P. Strange. Wonder if that was just a result of congruent memory recall or if there is actually a peculiar pattern emerging.
Regardless, it's currently peanut butter. In the mornings, after my run I usually have a single piece of wheat toast with peanut butter and my afternoon/evening snacks have been consisting of apple slices with peanut butter. I don't think my body actually enjoys peanunt butter though, because the last 2 days after my snack I feel slightly ill.
Could it be possible to O.D. on peanut better? Doubtful, but my body sure seems to think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment