Wednesday, May 18, 2011

How to Avoid Studying 101

I'm in the midst of midterms, so naturally, I find countless ways to avoid studying...well to be fair I use these ways as "study breaks" in hopes of regaining some of my sanity.
I wonder how I ever would have survived this far in college/grad school without the internet.
Because of this wonderful invention, not only does it make accessing school related materials much easier but it makes these tools for distraction only a few clicks away.
There are the obvious culprits of time killers such as checking your email, Facebook, etc.
But even those grow tiring fairly quickly.

One of my favorites is Stumble Upon where you check the boxes of things you're interested in, click Stumble  and Presto! magic happens! Ok, so it's not actually magic, but sometimes it seems that way. I've come across some really amazing sites that I now follow regularly because of this lovely invention. Every time you click Stumble it takes you to a new, entertaining page to explore! You can definitely waste a lot of time here.

Another one site I frequent every Sunday (sometimes Saturday night since I'm a west coaster) is Post Secret I've been following Post Secret for many years now. I am absolutely in love with the concept of it all. It is an aprt project of sorts, where people send in post cards with their secrets on them. They are anything from secret crushes, affairs, quirks, rituals... you name it. The things people keep hidden sometimes surprise you but often you find yourself thinking "wow, I thought I was the only one.." I always say I'm going to send one in, and I've even started making them before, but it's never something I'm ready to share. One day I will though... I'd love to get all the books as well. That Frank, he's one smart cookie.

This one I came across just recently, but have found it quite entertaining. Retrogasm, beware, there is nudity in this. I have always had a fascination with photos from the past. I don't think I'm alone in that, but this site takes it to a different level. It's not just photos of old Pepsi and cigarettes for 5 cents signs. There are nude photos, Hollywood starlets, silly old cartoons, pretty much a wide array of all things from the past on a slightly inappropriate level, therefore it's right up my alley.

And with all that said, I've got more studying for that pesky psychopharm midterm tomorrow :/

No comments:

Post a Comment